If you are looking to do some new online marketing for your business and you aren’t quite sure what to do, you may want to consider investing in a campaign on Facebook. More specifically, you may want to consider doing a contest or giveaway on Facebook.
We recently helped one of our clients complete a giveaway on Facebook and it turned out really well. There are a lot of benefits to doing a contest and there are certainly things to watch out for so this blog post provides a quick list of do’s and don’ts for completing a campaign like this.
- First, make sure that your contest is going to be relevant for your audience. Your followers on Facebook like your business for a reason and they are going to be interested in the giveaway if it ties to your business or what services you provide.
- We would recommend keeping your Facebook followers up to date on the latest with the giveaway. Make sure you post a lot of updates to announce the contest, reminders to enter and then last call for entries. People need lots of reminders!
- Make sure that you announce the winner at the end of the contest! People want to know who won the contest.
- If your contest is successful, think about making it an annual thing (if that makes sense for the giveaway) or even quarterly.
- Your followers will hopefully share your contest with their friends which will increase your followers. (Increasing your followers can be a huge advantage of doing a contest.)Friends of your current followers are more likely to fit your customer profile as well.
- We would highly, highly recommend hiring a marketing professional to help you with your contest or giveaway. Investing the money to hire a third party to run the contest for you can be very advantageous because of the extra followers you have the potential to receive. A third party will have access to more people who would be interested in your brand and your contest. They can also help you set up the right pages on Facebook and can handle the list of entrants efficiently and professionally.
- Once your contest is over and you have additional followers on Facebook, don’t forget to take advantage of the bigger audience! Your marketing efforts shouldn’t stop once the contest or giveaway has come to a close.
- Unfortunately people do try to take advantage of contests on Facebook so you want to make sure to protect your business against any tricksters out there. This article has some great tips on how to block cheaters from entering your contest.